Passenger Endorsement Test

Passenger Endorsement Test: What You Need to Know

Although the school bus endorsement counts as a passenger endorsement, not everyone who carries passengers is carrying students or driving a school bus. This endorsement is for those who drive something other than a school bus, but still carry passengers. In some states, this endorsement is needed first before you can receive the S-endorsement. Here’s what you need to know for the passenger endorsement test.

What’s On The Test

Since the amount of information needed for this endorsement is extensive, it’s highly recommended that you use passenger endorsement practice tests to prepare. Here’s what you should expected on the passenger endorsement test:

  • Proper procedures for loading/unloading passengers
  • Proper use of emergency exits, including push-out windows
  • Proper responses to such emergency situations as fires and unruly passengers
  • Proper procedures at railroad-highway grade crossings and drawbridges
  • Proper braking procedures
  • Other operating practices and procedures

Who Needs the Test

The passenger endorsement test is necessary for those driving taxis, school buses, service buses (church buses, factory buses, handicap vans), student transportation vehicles, limousines, airport shuttles, and motor vehicles. In most states, the P-endorsement is necessary to get the S-endorsement and to drive a school bus. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use passenger endorsement practice tests to help you prepare for both written tests and endorsements.

What You Need for the Test

First of all, you need to have a commercial driver’s license to get the P-endorsement. You can’t get both at the same time because receiving this endorsement also requires a skills test in a vehicle similar to one you will be operating on the job. You need to have the commercial license already to take the skills test.

Second of all, you do also need additional documentation aside from the application and proof of identity etc. You might need to submit a medical examiner’s certificate and/or have your fingerprints taken.

error: Content is protected !!