Indiana CDL Practice Test

CDL Practice Test

Indiana.Who Needs a Commercial Drivers License? To obtain your learner’s permit, head to any license agency, and take the general knowledge written test. You may also have to take additional tests depending on what sort of vehicle you’ll be driving. Here’s a list of the extra tests and who must take them: Passenger transport test== all bus drivers
Air brakes test== anyone driving a vehicle with air brakes
Combination vehicle test==anyone driving a combination vehicle
Hazardous materials test==anyone driving a hazardous materials vehicle
Tanker test==anyone hauling liquids in bulk
Doubles/triples test==anyone pulling a double or triple trailer
School bus endorsement==all school bus drivers After you’ve passed all the necessary written tests, show. Your driver’s license Proof of Social Security number Completed physical examination form

Once you are ready to get your license, you’ll need to pass a road skills test in a vehicle representative of the class of license you’re attempting to obtain. The testing is conducted at state-approved testing sites, and will include a pre-trip inspection test, a basic control skills test, and a road trip test. If you pass all the tests, you’ll be given a validated certificate form. CDL Classes for Every State

You must be able to read and speak English well enough to read road signs, prepare reports, and communicate with the public and with law enforcement. The Act established three separate classes of commercial driver’s licenses. Every state issues licenses in these categories: Class A: Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GWVR) of 26,001 lbs or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 lbs.
Class B: Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 lbs or more, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs GVWR.
Class C: Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 passengers or more, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.
Many states make exceptions for farm vehicles, snow removal vehicles, fire and emergency vehicles, and some military vehicles.

error: Content is protected !!