Hawaii CDL Practice Test

CDL Practice Test

Hawaii Who Needs a Commercial Drivers License? To drive a Class A, B,or C commercial vehicle,you must have a Hawaii Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).These types of licenses (as well as whichever endorsements may be required) are necessary when operating double/triple trailers, passenger vehicles,vehicles marked for hazardous materials, and tanker vehicles.

Class A License-This is required when Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) exceeds 26,000 pounds (and provided that the vehicle being towed weighs more than 10,000 pounds).

Class B License-This class is deemed necessary when the vehicle being towed does not exceed 10,000 pounds, or the single vehicle exceeds 26,000.

Class C License-If a vehicle is placarded for hazardous materials, transports 16 or more passengers (including driver), and does not meet the criteria for Class A or B licensing, then this form is right up your alley!

To qualify for a CDL in Hawaii,you must be at least 21 years old,have a valid Hawaii driver’s license, pass a vision exam and obtain a medical certificate. Applicants then need to take a general knowledge exam and a skills test.The three part skills test includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection,a basic vehicle control test and an on-road driving test.For the driving test,you must use a vehicle in the same class for which you are trying to obtain a CDL license–for example,if you wish to obtain a Class A CDL, you must test in a Class A vehicle.

To drive a truck with air brakes, a tanker truck, a school bus or a truck with double/triple trailers,additional endorsements are needed. Endorsements are also needed to transport hazardous materials or to carry 16 or more passengers (including the driver).A background check by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is required to transport hazardous materials (also referred to as a Hazmat endorsement).A truck driving school in Hawaii will provide you with the foundation to pass the CDL requirements and start your career in truck driving CDL Classes for Every State

You must be able to read and speak English well enough to read road signs, prepare reports,and communicate with the public and with law enforcement. The Act established three separate classes of commercial driver’s licenses. Every state issues licenses in these categories:

Class A:Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GWVR) of 26,001 lbs or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 lbs.
Class B:Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 lbs or more, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs GVWR.
Class C:Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 passengers or more, including the driver,or is placarded for hazardous materials.
Many states make exceptions for farm vehicles, snow removal vehicles,fire and emergency vehicles,and some military vehicles.

error: Content is protected !!